Guidelines for NSJGA Parents/Spectators
Parents/spectators CAN do the following:
* Walk on the cart path and watch your child play golf
* Carry an umbrella, food, drink, medicine, etc. for your child. If the competitor needs any of the following these can be obtained BETWEEN play of holes, not during play
* Help your child and other players search for a golf ball
* Verbally abusing or belittling players for any reason
* Yelling and/or cursing at players/officials/golf course staff
* Hand signals/gestures (These are considered advice!)
* Interfering with players/officials/golf course staff while in the scoring area
* Giving rulings to juniors on the golf course (too often the information is incorrect)
* Interfering with any player’s opportunity to compete fairly and fun while playing the game of golf
Allowing spectators at NSJGA events is a privilege.
Failure to abide by the above guidelines will result in loss of privileges.
Dress Code For Juniors And Parents/Spectators
All NSJGA players, parents, and spectators will be required to wear proper golfing attire at all tournaments. Collared shirts are required at all clubhouses or on the course.
No T-shirts, cut off shorts, jeans, jean shorts or tank tops including spaghetti strapped, will be permitted. Juniors are required to wear spikeless golf shoes or sneakers. Other types of athletic shoes will not be permitted (i.e. baseball/soccer/football, etc.).
Short length may be no shorter than 6” above the knee. Any NSJGA member arriving at the first tee without the proper attire will not be allowed to play.